Wednesday, June 27, 2012

4Quilts!

Don't pass out, or choke on your breakfast...I am posting today.  Little did I know how hard it would be to keep up with life, much less craft or even think about blogging or taking pictures of it all as a working mom.  For those of you who make it look easy, I'm rolling my eyes at you now!

Life is full, busy and wonderful.  I have been forced to slow down this morning as I am home with my littlest man today who has a fever.  So we are chilling out watching Thomas.

I am actually very excited and surprised at what I have gotten accomplished in the last 2 months.  3 quilts completed...I'm crazy!


The first is going to my best friend back home, DeShea.  She has been asking for a quilt forever, and 2 years ago when I went home to Georgia, we went fabric shopping and picked out most of the fabrics in this quilt.  As soon as I got home, my life turned upside down, and the quilt just didn't happen.  But we are leaving to go home to see everyone on Saturday, so I knew I couldn't go home empty handed.



This quilt is an adaptation of the French Roses quilt pattern by Heather French.  It is very scrappy and colorful, I just love the raw edge applique and I'm always a sucker for a pieced border.  In fact, 3 of the 4 quilts I am blogging about have one!  Ha!
 This quilt is the beast that took me FOREVER!  You can't see it all because it is a queen size for our bed, and Jason couldn't get it all stretched out.  It is backed with minky and it is very heavy!  I love it, but I am SO glad it is done. That was a LOT of piecing for a queen size quilt.  I was wishing half way through that I had chosen a different pattern.  I did a bento box, with a thin chenille border, it looks great!  I had it long arm quilted and the quilting really made it pop!  Wish I had better pics, but I'm just glad that I got any pictures taken...I'll take what i can!


I finished this zig zag Christmas quilt in November of 2010, but never got around to posting or taking any pictures of it.  It is one of my favorites.  I got the inspiration for it from somewhere in blog land, but with all that has gone on in my life for the last two year, I am happy that I still know my name!  So, sorry that I can't give credit, but you'll have to excuse me!


 The last quilt in the line up today was made for my kids' amazingly special daycare lady, Ms. Leanne.  She was put into our lives for a very special reason, and became a part of our family!  I was so worried and anxious about leaving my kids in daycare when I had to go to work suddenly last year, but God provided Leanne.  She has loved and taught and nurtured my babies like only I would.  She helped them grow in their independence, their skills and knowledge, and she laughed with them when that is what they needed the most.


From the sadness and pain of out lives, came the opportunity of a lifetime when I met Jason.  He has made all the difference in our lives, and so when we decided to join our families, we had to leave Ms. Leanne's daycare and move across the city.  I made this quilt to match the colors of her house (they do match perfectly), and I modified my friend Kristie's MacKenley quilt pattern and added some of the appliqued French Roses.  We wanted her to have something special to remember us by.


That's about all I have for now.  Must go tend to a sick little guy!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

What a post full of eye candy :-) I am lucky to have seen some of these in person, and I have to say I LOVE how DeShae's quilt turned out!!! Can't believe it is done already! The colors and scrappiness are just perfect. Great job on all of these. And give Lawson a get well hug for me! Have a great trip.

CitricSugar said...

Beautiful work! Glad to hear that things are going well for you - even if hectic.

Nice to see you back. :)

www.raybanwayfareroutlet.com said...

http://www.nflmlbnhlnbajerseys.com great reviews, many friend like it.

Glitter Artist said...

Wow, those quilts are beautiful. I especially love the colors and designs of the first two and the last. I am hoping to get a sewing machine soon. I can't imagine how much skill it takes to quilt!